MARPOL & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT
IMO MODEL NO.
Contents of the course
- MARPOL Annexes
- Latest amendments to MARPOL
- Annex 1 discharge criteria exercise
- Bilge and Sludge management
- Oily water Separator (Theory and practicals)
- Oil Record Book exercise
- Introduction to Energy Efficiency management
- SOPEP, OPA 90 and Vessel Response Plan and VGP
- Waste Management Planning
- Antifouling systems
- Ballast Water Management
- Course Objective
- Understand and be updated with the latest regulatory requirements of
- MARPOL, OPA 90 and other IMO conventions for pollution prevention.
- Understand and follow best management practices for Bilge Water
- Management and Sludge Management.
- Follow the correct method of filing up Oil Record Book, Garbage Record Book.
- Understand and follow Garbage Management and Volatile Organic Compounds Management plans.
- Understand emission control requirements in special areas (ECA and other areas)
- Understand energy efficiency requirements (SEEMP and EEDI) and optimize various shipboard operations to reduce carbon emissions and fuel consumption.
- Carry out the reporting procedures and ways to minimize the outflow of oil as per SOPEP and VRP.